Thursday, October 6, 2011

Barbara MacMillan's Success Story with Ideal Protein

“Fit by 50” was my motto when I joined Jami and Luis at Upward Motion 6 months before my 50th birthday. I had struggled with trying to lose weight all through my 40’s and I believed that if it didn’t happen before I turned 50, then it never would. I started working out with Jami 4 hours a week doing P-90x. I enjoyed the small class and was very committed to coming each day. My strength and endurance increased steadily, but I was still struggling with the diet. I tried various diet concoctions all to no avail. It seemed like I was always either on a diet or cheating on a diet; it just wasn’t happening.

Well, my 50th came and went and still no weight loss, but I did not let that discourage me from exercising, because at least I was feeling better. Then, just before the holidays, Luis told me about the Ideal Protein program. “Your Last Diet”, the brochure stated. When I read about it I thought “this is the one for me”. I have done well in the past on low carb diets, but could I stick with it? I decided I would wait until after the New Year, because who wants to be on a diet during the holidays.

Luis would periodically check in with me to see if I had contacted the local distributor and, well, I never did. Then, sometime in February Jami told me that she and Luis were going to start the Ideal Protein program at Upward Motion. Without hesitation I said “sign me up!” I was excited not only about the program, but about the convenience of having it available where I come to exercise anyway.

In March I started on the plan and have never looked back. I started losing right away and didn’t feel hungry or deprived. The food was actually better than I expected and my grocery bill even went down. My weight loss goal was 1-2 pounds a week and within two months I had exceeded that goal. I am now at MY ideal weight, well within the range for my height. I started out in the “obese” category for BMI and now am in the “normal” category, a place I haven’t seen in more than 15 years! I have lost 35+ pounds, gone down 4 pants sizes, and have had to purchase a whole new wardrobe. I am no longer needing my asthma inhaler before I exercise, my knees don’t hurt anymore, and I am even able to wear high heels again.
Indeed, the diet was the one for me, but what has really kept me going is the support and encouragement I get weekly from Jami, Luis, and the rest of the staff at Upward Motion. I cannot thank them enough for helping me beat the odds and lose the weight, even after 50. This is a diet you can really LIVE with.

Barbara before:

























Barabara after:








1 comment:

  1. Wow... what a change! She looks great now and all with the help of the Ideal Protein diet. It seems a really useful program, which has the weight loss like purpose. I will try it as well, because I have a few pounds about which I want to get rid of and I'm sure that I will succeed as Barbara! :D Thank you for sharing her story!

    ReplyDelete